Brief Information about Department
Yoga is the very foundation of overall personality development not only in Indian culture but also of the different cultures of the world. The economic, political and communal conflicts that are today tearing the world to pieces, are mainly due to the fact that the unessential parts of cultures are being stressed more, while the essential parts are frequently overlooked. The object of the Department is to train young, intelligent and educated men and women in arts and science for self control and unravel the higher potentialities and to get them well grounded in a cultural synthesis, so that in their life, they may strive not only to lead a richer and well integrated life themselves but also to teach others and uneducated to attain the same through physical and mental poise. Naturopathy also is an ancient method of treatment without medicine. It has references in Vedas and other epics. Department of Yoga established in 27/11/1998 under the UGC Guidelines for Promotion of Yoga Education, Practice and positive health in this University.
The main ideal of Yoga Department is the coordination of spiritual phenomena of Yoga with modern science with a view to develop scientific-cum-spiritual personality that would perhaps satisfy the majority of mankind.
Objectives of the Yoga Courses
- The course will provide deeper insight into the curriculum of Yogic Sciences along with the therapeutic applications of Yoga and alternative therapies
- At the Master level it is also intended that students should get familiar with the original texts of Yoga.
- Promoting Positive Health in the Student through Yoga and enabling and imparting skill in them to practice and apply Yogic practices for Health to general public and teach Yoga for Total personality development and spiritual evolution.
- Invoking and inculcating inquisitive, scientific temper in student regarding the Traditional Indian Sciences specially Yoga and Spirituality.
- A research attitude and orientation will also be inculcated into the student so that they further become able to undertake advance and theoretical and applied researches in the field of Yoga and Alternative Therapies.