DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in the year 1991. Ever since its inception, the department has been a pioneering academic centre for higher education, research, and innovation in key areas of computer science. The constantly changing dynamics of this Engineering stream poses challenges to students to stay updated with the latest developments. Our qualified faculty and advanced labs ensure that our students are well prepared to take on these challenges. The Department of Computer Science and Engineering HNB Garhwal University, Srinagar (Garhwal), Uttarakhand promotes innovation-centric education and performs cutting-edge research. The department continuously endeavours to create and sustain an academic environment conducive to the highest level of research and teaching. The goal is to develop human resources with sound knowledge of theoretical, systems, and application aspects of Computer Science & Engineering.
The Department has strong research groups in the broad areas of:
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Cloud Computing and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Vision and Image Processing
- Computer Networks and Cyber Security
- Data Analytics and Natural Language Processing
The vision of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering is to be recognized at national and international level in providing Computer Science and Engineering education, leading to well qualified Engineers who are innovative and well skilled and can contribute to the industries, academic institutions and society.
- To groom students with good attitude, team work and personality skills To induce ethical values and spirit of social commitment.
- To provide a learning ambience to enhance innovations and problem-solving skills. To provide a comprehensive education, benchmarked against the highest global standards.
- To collaborate with the software industry and adopt technology to achieve quality in technical education.
- To promote research-based projects/activities in the emerging areas of technology convergence.
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet t h e specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern Tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
The Computer Science and Engineering aims to develop graduates and post graduates that are not only well versed with traditional computing approaches but are also experienced in modern tools, technologies, and diverse applications.
The program has a comprehensive set of fundamental courses in computer science and many electives. This enables the students to build a program most suitable for them.
The program will prepare students to work in the IT industry as well as in the research areas like computer vision, machine learning, image processing, pattern recognition, virtual/augmented reality, etc.
The program will also provide current research trends for students, who want to pursue higher studies, to take up higher studies in Computer Science.
- B. Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering
- Master of Computer Science and Application
- M. Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering
- Ph. D. in Computer Science and Applications
- Computer Science as one subject in B.Sc.
Consists of various languages compilers. i.e.
C, C++, Java, Visual Basic etc.
DBMSProgramming using Oracle, MySQL
Operating System Lab
Unix and Network Programming, Linux
Packet Tracer, Network Simulator 2, NetSim
Research Activities using Python, Hadoop
Framework, CloudSim, WEKA Tool, OMNet++, Matlab
OPPORTUNITIES AND CAREER PROSPECTS:
- Programmer System Analyst
- Database Analyst Data Scientists
- Data Analyst
- Senior System Analyst System
- System Administrator
- Engineer Business Analyst
- Intelligence Analyst Risk Analyst
- Information Security Analyst
- InfoSec Trainer
- Cyber Security Analyst Infosec
- Analyst and Trainer Internal Auditor
- Sales – Cyber Product and Services
- Technical Support Engineer
- Network Security Engineer