Ongoing Research Projects:
- Retrospective Assessment of Indoor Radon Exposure in Garhwal Homes by Measurements of 210Po Implanted on Glass Surface, Atomic Energy Regulation Board, April 2009 to Continue. Principal Investigator - Dr. R.C. Ramola
- Collaborative International Research Project “Establishment of Network for Natural Radiation Exposure Studies in Asia”, Japan Science Technology Agency, May 2009 to Continue. Indian Collaborator – Dr. R.C. Ramola
- MoU has been signed between Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai and HNB Garhwal University on Radon research. Convener – Dr. R. C. Ramola
- Radiation protection in Environment
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Material Science
- Particle Physics
- Nuclear Geophysics
Any other Information: Department has the collaboration with the following organization in the various fields of research.
- Bhabha Atomic Research Center, Mumbai.
- Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, Dehradun.
- Inter University Accelerator Center, New Delhi
- National Institute of Radiological Science, Chiba
Major Facilities Available in the Department:
- Net Radiometer for Measuring Net solar radiation.
- Sun Shine Recorder
- Radon Emanometer, Radon Monitor, Radon Dosimeter.
- Spark Counter, Nuclear Track Detectors.
- Constant Temperature Bath
- Environmental Radiation Dosimeter.
- Radiation Counting System, Radiation Monitor.
- Gamma ray Spectrometer.
- Water Analysis Kit
D.Phil. Degrees Awarded:
- Manbirendra Singh -1998
- M. S. Negi 2002
- Sanjeev Kimothi, – 2005
- Rajendra Girjappa Sonkawade - 2006
- Yogesh Prasad – 2007
- Kapil Dev Uniyal 2007
- Ganesh Prasad – 2009
- Subhash Chandra – 2009
- Gurupad Singh Gusain -2010
- Ambika. – 2011
Registered for D. Phil.
- AAshish Raturi- 2008
- Vandana Gairola- 2008
- Manjari Badoni - 2007
- Anju Semwal – 2008
- Leena Kamra – 2009
Other research staff:
Bhagwat singh (research fellow)
Non Teaching Staff:
- S P S Rajput – Lab Assistant
- Gyandev Chamoli (on fix pay) – Lab Assistant
- Brij Mohan Badoni – Lab Attendant
Organization of Symposia/Seminar
- Twelfth National Symposium on Environment, June 5-7, 2003.
- Acquaintance programme by Nuclear Science Centre, New Delhi, 10’th October 2003.
- Brainstorming on HRD in Science and Technology: for What and How, December 21, 2006.
- Fifteenth National Symposium on Solid State Nuclear Track Detectors and Their Applications, June 21-23, 2007
Other academic Activities:
- Faculty members of the department have published more than 150 research papers in the journals of international repute
- Faculty members of the department are actively participating in various national and international symposia both in India and abroad