Department of Education
The Department of Education was established in the year 1972 and is one of the most significant Department of the School of Education. The department offers B.Ed., M.Ed. courses along with Ph.D. program. Apart from the Birla campus the University also runs the B.Ed. courses at the other two campuses which are situated at Tehri and Pauri Garhwal.
The Department perpetually ensures constructive, inclusive learning environment and value-based education. The thrust area of the ongoing research includes value-oriented education, educational technology, inclusive education, professional development of teachers, pedagogical development, education for sustainable development, constructive teaching learning environment and educational studies related to Himalayan region.
The department comprises of fully equipped labs of educational psychology, ICT, science, social science, and mathematical education.
The faculty of the department has strong linkage and coordination with NCERT, NCTE, DIETs, SCERT and actively associated with Azim Premji Foundation, Room to Read and Centre for Environment Education (CEE) for academic endeavors.
The Department from time to time organizes seminars, workshop, training, and faculty development programs. Also, the students of the Department conducts and co-ordinates innumerable interactive programs with other Educational Institutions and local community. The faculty members of the Department of Education are involved in different National/International Educational Committees.
The Department is implementing Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya National Mission on teachers and training (PMMMNMTT) since 2018 to develop the professional skills among the preservice and in service teachers and faculty. The department is also running IGNOU regional center to provide specific need-based education in service persons and other pupil.
The Department always aims to motivate the students to thrive and achieve success by conducting various counselling sessions. The students who have passed out from the department have been recognized as excellent achievers by the various educational institutions.
Other External Useful Links:
- Ministry of Education: https://www.education.gov.in/en
- NCTE: https://ncte.gov.in/website/index.aspx
- NRC-NCTE : https://www.ncte.gov.in/website/NRC.aspx
- NCERT: https://ncert.nic.in/
- NEP2020: https://www.education.gov.in/sites/upload_files/mhrd/files/NEP_Final_English_0.pdf
- NCFTE 2009: https://ncte.gov.in/website/PDF/NCFTE_2009.pdf
- SHODHGANGA: A Reservoir ofIndianTheses- https://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/
- UGC CARE : https://www.ugc.ac.in/journallist/
- SWAYAM: https://swayam.gov.in/
- SWAYAM PRABHA: https://www.swayamprabha.gov.in
- e-PG PATHSHALA: https://epgp.inflibnet.ac.in
- UGC: https://www.ugc.ac.in/