- Courses offered
- Six semester credit based UG degree course
- Four semester credit based PG degree course
- 6 month pre-Ph.D course Admission rule eligibly for Ph.D course.
|Eligibility & Admission rule for P.G. course
- B.A/ B.sc.45% marks can give the entrance examination for P.G. Course. Qualifying cutoff marks in entrance test : 40%
|Eligibility & Admission rule for Ph.D Course
M.A. psychology with 55% marks can give. Pre Ph.D entrance Test.
- Student shall have to take a written examination consisting of two sections. Section I; Aptitude test and General Knowledge (20 marks) and section II: Subject test, based on P.G. syllabuses of the subject (80 marks).Total Marks:100.
- The two parts shall contaion 20 and 80 objective type questions.
- The student shall be allowed a maximum of two hours time to complete the test
- Qualifying cutoff marks in entrance test : 50% : General/OBC: 45%: SC/ST.
- All the candidates who qualify entrance test will be called for interview along with the candidates exempted from the written test (NET/SLET/ UGC Research Fellow M.Phil. from HNB Garhwal University only)
- The JRF (NET) passed candidates and teacher fellows will be counted against additional seats, which will be allocated to each department.
- Following will be the Assessment Index of 100 marks:
- Academic Carrere : Distribution of 50 marks will be following:
- UG – 20% of total marks obtained
- PG – 30% of total marks obtained
- Performance in interview : 50 marks
- The result of M.Phil/Ph.D. entrance test shall be valid for admission for 2012-2013 academic session only.
- Selected candidates have to pass pre Ph.D 6 month course for the registration of the Ph.D.
In psychology discipline 16 Ph. D have been awarded to the candidates in different areas like - Health psychology. Educational psychology Counseling & Yoga therapy. Child psychology. Population psychology.
Placement- After completing the post graduate course some of the students are selected as a counselor in Schools, district hospitals, Aids programmers’ and N.G.O.S.
Last Updated on 10/09/2021