Year of Establishment : 1973
Name of Honorary Librarian : Prof. MSM Rawat
Name of Library Incharge : Mr. Pawan Singh Bisht
Books available : 138144
Volume of Journals : 1916
Current Journals : 100
Thesis : 2098
Maps : 150
PG Dissertation : 3000 (In all Subjects)
Altas : 50
Budget : 30 lacks Annually
Acquisition of Reading Material annually : 7000
Access : Open Access
Timings : 10:00Hrs.-17:00Hrs. on all working days.
It is a three -storey building and has a sufficient area which is situated in the midst of the main campus of the University.
Ground Floor : Membership Section; Circulation Counter; Newspaper and Periodicals Display and Reading Hall; Reference books; Readers Services; Lockers for Students and Catalogue Cabinets; Librarian’s Chamber; Librarian’s Office ; Book Acquisition Unit; Reference books.
1st Floor : Bound volumes of Theses & Dissertations and the Rare Books Collection. Information Browsing Unit for Faculty Members; Research Scholars Reading Hall; Technical Section; Digital library.
All students, faculty members and employees of the University are eligible for membership of the Library. The registered members are issued books according to library rules. Central Library issue scholars identity cards for research scholars and after submit the library form, students library card issued from the proctor of the university. The entitlement, in terms of the number of books that can be borrowed by the members, are as follows:
1. M.Phil / Ph.D Students : 05 books
2. Master’s/Undergraduate : 04 + 03 books
3. Faculty members/Officers : 15 books
4. Staff Members : 05 books
The Library has a total collection of 1.38 lakhs, which includes books, serials, non-book materials etc. which have been placed at the Ground Floor. The collection is housed subject-wise on ground floors under four major streams i.e. Social Sciences, Humanities management and Sciences.
Acquisition of books is at present looked after by an Incharge acquisition lose issue of periodicals acquired by the different departments of University, bound volumes are sent to the Central Library by the departments.
The Registration of the new members is done at the circulation counter. The register and ledger system of issue and return of books is followed. All the researcher’s faculty members and students can be register themselves by the approval of the Librarian.
Newspaper and Periodicals Section
Newspaper and periodicals Section are also in the ground floor. The users of all university read the update news daily and for the future competitive exam they studied different type competitive books in the section.
This section is housed in the research division. All the theses of different subjects are under the close access system. A list of all the theses in subject wise are available at the section. The theses are around according to Deway Decimal Classification system .
Rare Books Collection & Folk Literature & Regional History
This section has the books which are out of print and are not easily accessible. Some manuscripts, pictorial books and oversize books are also available in this section. This section is under the director supervision of the Library Incharge. A great collection of folk literature, folk art, folk dance and book related with regional history of Uttarakhand are maintained in this section. This is the most valuable section of the Library. This section is under supervision of the Library Incharge.
Library Services: -
1. Reference service is provided for each collection at the respective Section.
2. Membership and Issue-Return services are at the Ground floor.
3. Textbooks on all disciplines are kept at the Textbook Section.
4. Document Delivery Services and Inter-Library Loan facilities are available.
5. Card Catalogues of different collections are available on ground floor.
6. Xerox Facility is available in the library on payment basis.
7. Newspaper Clippings are available for the University.
Rules and Regulations
1. Admission to the library is restricted to members only, who may be required to show identity card at Entrance. The members must sign the register with the entry of the membership particulars.
2. Readers should observe strict silence inside the Library.
3. Uses of mobile phones are not permitted inside the Library Building.
4. Members are responsible for books issued and books lost.
5. Readers are not allowed to bring their personal books or any printed material inside the Library. The belongings like bags, umbrellas, etc. should be deposited with the Rack kept near the Entrance.
6. Readers are advised not to leave their precious and valuable items like money, passport, credit card etc. at the Property Counter.
7. Readers should not write in, mark, scratches and disfigure damage books or furniture of the Library.
8. Readers must take help from Library Staff/ Librarian for any problem they may face in the library. The students must maintain peaceful environment and discipline within and around library. Smoking and sleeping in the library is strictly prohibited. Any violation of conduct would be referred for disciplinary action.
1. Books are normally issued.
2. Those textbooks which have single/double copies shall not be issued.
3. Students can reserve the books at the circulation counter in case these are already issued.
4. Reference books, theses and dissertations and periodicals/bound journals are not issued at all.
5. Dissertations/Theses are to be consulted within the library premises only.
6. Dissertations submitted within last five years are given for consultation within the Library only. Written permission of the Chairperson of the Centre concerned is required in such cases.
7. Library can recall any issued book even before the due date.
- Issued books returned after due date attract overdue charges. For general books, the overdue charges range from 50 paisa per day to the cost of the book and for textbooks Rs.5/- per day to the cost of the book.
- Prohibited. Strict disciplinary action will be taken against the defaulters.
In case of any difficulty, Readers must contact the respective Section Incharge.